The Murph Challenge 2014 at CFSC
We hope that everyone will join CrossFit St. Croix on Monday, May 26th at 9:30 AM to participate in The Murph Challenge 2014 (formerly Memorial Day Murph). The Murph Challenge is a yearly Internet based challenge and fundraiser for the LT Michael P. Murphy Memorial Scholarship Foundation. It’s based on a workout called “Murph” named after Medal of Honor recipient Michael Murphy. The idea is to honor ALL of our fallen military members with a challenging workout.
New this year, each registrant will be asked to go back to TheMurphChallenge.com, and then submit their ‘MURPH’ time for a chance to compete in The Murph Challenge Invitational on June 28th, held in San Diego, CA. Check out the website for more details.
“Murph” consists of the following:
1 Mile Run to start
1 Mile run to finish
For time: Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got body armor or a twenty pound vest, wear it.
Do not be discouraged if you can’t do the entire workout (Not many can) and we can scale Murph to match your ability. The idea is to challenge yourself and do a little more a little faster every year.
To participate in The Murph Challenge 2014 at CFSC please follow these six (6) steps:
1. Go to http://themurphchallenge.com/ to learn about Murph, the challenge and the fundraiser.
2. Register/donate (you get a really cool t-shirt).
3. Sign up for the WOD at CFSC.
4. Show up May 26th with a purpose.
5. Finish the workout (modify it if you need to, but make sure you have to work for it).
6. Stick around for the BBQ potluck and celebrate Memorial Day with your CFSC friends!